Sunday 25 December 2011

Owl Art - The Way He Makes Me Feel (Mixed Media Assemblage Collage Art)

Here's the 11th artwork of my "Catching A Fleeting Moment" collection, The Way He Makes Me Feel.



My husband may not be a sweet talker, does not shower me with gifts and can be quite forgetful at times. In spite of these, he still overwhelms me with his goodness and makes me feel I'm worth his time and affections. On days when we are at home (both of us work from home), he prepares our 3 meals and in between he will be at work on his gigantic canvases. Sometimes, the meals come with carved flowers from thick vegetable stems or heart-shaped sunny side ups.The list is long but there's a recent event that really moved me. On the eve of our flood evacuation to Hua Hin Beach, he was very quiet, we were pretty stressed by the mega flood that was coming our way. He then asked for my sunglasses and said he would want to try to repair it, he knew I would need it during our stay at the beach. Precious. Cherished. Nourished.



This kittens with tiaras fabric is kind of apt for the feeling that my husband makes me feel. I deliberately stained the fabric with tea in a sporadic manner rather than tea dyeing the entire piece, just to remind myself how he embraces my obvious imperfections. Like all the others, the owl's eyes are embellished with white pearls and the wings with sparkling milky white rhinestone gems.



The borders are mounted with vintage music paper shreds, fanciful yarn, fabric hydrangeas with rhinestones,romantic butterflies and colorful precious looking gem buttons.








This artwork measures 12 x 12 inches and 15 x 15 inches when framed.



No comments:

Post a Comment