Friday 23 December 2011

Owl Art - Living In A Lavender Sachet (Mixed Media Assemblage Collage Art)

Here's the 10th piece of my "Catching A Fleeting Moment" collection, Living In A Lavender Sachet.



Before I take a sip of my homemade morning coffee, I will close my eyes and inhale the sweet coffee aroma deep into my lungs, this immediately puts a smile on my day. During bath time, I will repeat the same routine with my body shampoo before lathering and rinsing. Perhaps, it's my way of allowing the smells and scents of the day stimulate the senses, adding a happy dimension to the day.  Hence, I feel scent ought to be a constant companion throughout the day especially when I work and sleep. I choose Lavender, no other scent comes close to this one :D. It's no wonder why sometimes I feel like I am living inside a sachet of dried lavender and I love it for its' calming and relaxing effects.


Dried lavender with frozen charlotte doll




The owl was painted on a light blue vintage fabric of white and purple flowers, her eyes are embellished with soft pink pearls and milky white rhinestone gems add sweet sparkling charm to her wings.





This whole lavender sanctuary was created with many fabric yoyos, I love the homely comfy charm that they possess. The yoyos were mounted on layers of lace. Apparently, there was another lavender loving owl, a pin brooch from my personal owl collectibles. Lavender chiffon roses to add the airy fairy effect to this artwork.








This artwork measures 8 x 10 inches and 12 x 14 inches when framed.



No comments:

Post a Comment