Friday 23 December 2011

Owl Art - The Frozen Seconds (Mixed Media Assemblage Collage Art)

Here's the 9th piece of my "Catching A Fleeting Moment" collection, The Frozen Seconds.



I wish time could stop in its' tracks for just for a few seconds, let me experience the sound of total silence, let me stroke the wings of a butterfly resting on a flower, let me admire the shapes of the passing clouds a little longer, let me memorize the silly grin on my dog's face ....let me hold a moment before it's no more.


The owl was painted on a slightly distressed vintage love song music sheet. Her eyes embellished with light purple pearls and her wings with milky white rhinestone gems. I used torn strips of decorative papers to create a shabby chic border. Fabric flowers, vintage inspired clock and key charms, buttons, creamy lace and butterfly appliques with rhinestone gems were layered and mounted onto the border.










This artwork measures 8 x 8 inches and 10 x 10 inches when framed.



No comments:

Post a Comment