Monday 26 December 2011

Owl Art - Autumn Woodland Rhapsody ( Mixed Media Assemblage Collage Art)

Here's the 12th and also the final artwork of my "Catching A Fleeting Moment" collection, Autumn Woodland Rhapsody.




There has always been this mental photograph in my head, it's me sitting on a thick carpet of autumn leaves which have fallen from the tree I am sitting under. I am reading a storybook aloud to a gathering of woodland creatures who have decided to stop foraging the forest floor for a while, we are sitting in a circle on a pinic mat with baskets of fruits, bread, biscuits and some tea. What a lovely autumn afternoon we are having! :D




I feel emotionally charged by the rich colors of autumn. This red plumish colored autumn leaves provide a perfect background for this piece. The owl was painted with a warm tones of blues and browns, embellished with white pearls around the eyes and the wings with green and turquoise rhinestone gems.




There's such antique-ish charm about these brass stampings that I simply have to have them in my art, found a bear cub, some tiny bunnies, a squirrel, a fox and a pair of birds. Was so excited when I found these tree branch buttons, each of them came from a different tree. There's the cherry tree, apricot tree, alder tree, pear tree, thorn tree, catkin tree and hazelnut tree. These buttons are very smooth and have been protected by natural tung oil.





The borders have been layered with shreds of autumn themed fabric, yarn threads and floral lace. Lightly frayed fabric florals are added to add some shabby charm.






This artwork measures 11.5 x 9.5 inches. When framed, it measures 14 x 12 inches.


No comments:

Post a Comment