Saturday 17 December 2011

Owl Art - An English Rose Garden Tea Party (Mixed Media Assemblage Collage Art)

Here's the second artwork of my "Catching A Fleeting Moment" collection, An English Rose Garden Tea Party.



I often daydream that if I could hop onto a time travel machine, I hope it could transport me to a victorian tea party in a garden full of roses and a table filled with multi-tiered stands of colorful pastries. While the adults are engaged in their tea chats and pastries, I love to imagine that somewhere in a quiet corner of the rose garden, there's a little girl enjoying her version of tea party with her dolls and teddy bears. The little girl has her own miniature tea set and she's busy playing host to her doll and teddy friends. There's such an endearing charm to all of these :D

Searching for the right rose fabric took me quite a while and I finally settled for a shabby chic warm beige piece with roses and tiny stars. I love the wallpaper look that this fabric was able to provide. I went for dusty pink shades for this owl,white pearls and pink rhinestone gems add sparkle to the owl's eyes and wings.



The oval border was embellished with many delighful pieces of miniature ceramic tea cups, saucers and teapot. And of course, the cakes and sweets! Fabric roses, butterly applique, a teddy bear and pink floral themed yoyos add lots of sweet victorian charm. One of my favorite piece has got to be this fine porcelain cameo of a girl and her doll, it's mounted onto a vintage style brass frame.










The artwork measures 12 x 10 inches unframed. When framed, it measures about 13 by 15 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment